- This unlocked cell phone is compatible with GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile. Not all carrier features may be supported. It will not work with CDMA carriers like Verizon Wireless, Alltel and Sprint.
- Quad-band GSM cell phone compatible with 850/900/1800/1900 frequencies and US 3G compatibility via 850/1900 UMTS/HSDPA plus GPRS/EDGE capabilities
- Access to corporate communication via Microsoft Exchange; full QWERTY keyboard; 3.2-megapixel camera/camcorder; stereo Bluetooth; GPS with Nokia Maps; Wi-Fi connectivity (802.11b/g); MicroSD expansion
- Up to 10.5 hours of GSM talk time, up to 400+ hours (17 days) of standby time
With a rectangular 2.4-inch 320×240-pixel TFT display, the sleek gray casing of this unlocked Nokia E71 cell phone looks both smart and businesslike. Capable of operating on a wide range of either 2G or 3G networks, this smartphone features a hot swappable microSD card slot, with support for cards of up to 8 GB, as well as infrared, Bluetooth, and microUSB v2.0 connectivity. The Nokia E Series phone also sports a 3.15 MP 2048×1536-pixel autofocus camera with LED flash, with a secondary camera for video calling. A WAP 2.0 HTML browser on the Nokia E71 cell phone keeps the user in touch, along with email, instant messaging, SMS, and MMS. For fun, the smartphone also supports both polyphonic and MP3 ringtones, in addition to having an FM radio built in. A useful touch on the Nokia E Series is its support for GPS, while a 369 MHz ARM 11 processer keeps the Symbian OS 9.2 running smoothly. The dimensions of this Nokia E Series phone are 4.6 inches long by 2.3 inches wide by 0.4 inches thick and it weighs 4.5 oz.The latest email-optimized device from the Nokia E-series, the sleek and slender Nokia E71 makes it easy to stay on top of your email inbox with a full QWERTY keyboard and support for corporate communication via Microsoft Exchange. It’s ready to run on 3G networks in the U.S. (850/1900 MHz UMTS/HSDPA), enabling fast downloads and streaming multimedia while on the go. It also includes integrated Wi-Fi connectivity (802.11b/g) for accessing open networks at work, at home, and on the road from a variety of wireless hotspots.
The svelte stainless steel Nokia E71 keeps you mobilized with a broad range of personal and professional messaging needs.
Other features include a 3.2-megapixel camera/camcorder, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, MicroSD memory expansion (up to 8 GB), built-in A-GPS and Nokia Maps application, and up to 10.5 hours of talk time on standard GSM networks.
Free Ovi Maps Navigation
With its integrated GPS sensor and the newest edition of Ovi Maps (full version pre-loaded on this phone or available as a free download from nokia.com/maps), you’ll enjoy all essential car and pedestrian navigation features as well as the ability to use navigation features even when not connected to a cellular network–great for extending battery life and saving on international roaming charges. Features include turn-by-turn voice guidance, over 6,000 3D landmarks in over 200 cities for quick recognition of the landscape around you, access to Lonely Planet travel guides, and detailed maps for over 180 countries (see more details below). You’ll also be able to keep moving in the right direction with the integrated electronic compass.
This U.S version of the unlocked Nokia E71 can be used with a GSM network service provider, and it provides quad-band connectivity (850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 1900 MHz). It does not come with a SIM card, and it requires that you provide a SIM card for usage with your selected service provider. This phone comes with a full manufacturer’s warranty.
Additionally, this phone can be paired with 850/1900 MHz UMTS/HSDPA 3G networks in the United States. When paired with a compatible 3G network, you’ll enjoy a high-speed connection offering a variety of feature-rich wireless services–from data connectivity to your office to multimedia streaming, and be able to take advantage of simultaneous voice and data services. In areas in the U.S. not served by a 3G network, or in foreign territories, you’ll continue to receive data service via the EDGE network (depending on network compatibility).
With a stainless steel case, etched graphics, and cool metallic finish, the Nokia E71 is as stylish as it is functional. It’s complemented by a 2.4-inch LCD screen with a 320 x 240-pixel resolution and support for 16 million colors. The full QWERTY keyboard makes it easy to compose and respond to email with just one hand. It features intelligent input with auto-completion, auto-correction, and learning capability for fast and error-free typing. The E71 also offers two customizable Home Screen views with active stand-by plug-ins, and application shortcuts for fast and easy switching between business and personal modes. This phone has 110 MB of internal memory which can be expanded via optional MicroSD memory cards (up to 8 GB in size).
The Nokia E71 comes fully equipped for easy-to-install and easy-to-use professional and personal email. People who use Microsoft Exchange at work can access their email using the Mail for Exchange mobile email client, which comes pre-loaded. You’ll enjoy reliable real-time access to your email, calendar, contacts, and tasks, and be able to download attachments like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or PDF files directly to the device.
The Nokia E71 also supports email accounts from more than a thousand Internet service providers (ISPs) around the world, as well as Gmail, Yahoo! mail, and Hotmail. Additionally, it supports the Nokia Intellisync Wireless Email solution, as well as third party email solutions like System Seven and Visto Mobile.
In addition to fulfilling your corporate needs, the E71 offers a 3.2-megapixel camera/camcorder, multi-formate digital audio/video player, and sterel Bluetooth streaming.
In addition to serving entrepreneurs and smaller businesses, the Nokia E71 comes fully equipped with a robust suite of enterprise grade features, including built-in encryption functionality for both the device memory and the memory card. The phone also includes integrated mobile VPN support that gives mobile professionals access to their company intranet, and device lock and wipe to protect corporate information.
This phone provides Bluetooth version 2.0 wireless connectivity with Enhanced Data Rate (EDR), and includes profiles for the communication headset, hands-free car kits, and sharing of contacts and calendar events. With the A2DP Bluetooth profile, you can stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones.
The E71 measures 0.39 inches thin.
The 3.2-megapixel camera offers a wealth of high-end photography features, including autofocus, a digital zoom, LED flash, white balance modes, center-weighted auto exposure, multiple scene modes, and a self timer. The phone’s main camera can also capture video clips up to 320 x 240 pixels (at 15 frames per second) at up to 1 hour in length, and it offers several adjustments including scene and white balance. Additionally, the E71 has a secondary, lower resolution camera on the front (QCIF resolution, 128 x 96) that can be used for making video calls (requires compatible network).
Take your media with you when you’re out on the go. With the built-in RealPlayer software, you can stream and download your favorite content onto the phone, giving you access to the latest news, sports, and entertainment updates. Or sync up with your PC and play the music and movies stored on your hard drive. It’s compatible with a wide variety of digital audio formats (including MP3, AAC/AAC+/eAAC+, abd WMA). You can listen to your favorite radio programs via the integrated FM radio, and the Visual Radio feature lets you see information about songs or artists.
View web pages as they were originally intended with the integrated Nokia Web Browser, which enables you to zoom out to a full screen view of the entire page using the Mini Map feature. Find the section you want and then zoom in to the content you need. The text instantly adjusts to the size of your screen. The browser also keeps a history of your browsing so you can quickly get back to where you started.
The integrated A-GPS and preinstalled Nokia Maps help you explore and locate new places, whether in another country or just around the corner. With access to more than 15 million points of interest, you can locate and navigate to the most interesting sights, bars or restaurants wherever you are. You can also send map excerpts and routes to friends by MMS, or save map screen shots to the gallery.
Other features include:
- Advanced contacts database: Multiple number and e-mail details per contact, contacts with images
- Speaker dependent and speaker independent voice dialling
- Voice recorder
- 2.5 mm Nokia AV connector
- Up to 18 hours of music playback
- Synchronize music with Windows Media Player
- Streaming media (audio – .rm, .eAAC+; video – .3gp, mp4, .rm)
- Email protocols: IMAP, POP, SMTP; IMAP IDLE support
- Messaging: SMS, MMS (distribution lists for messaging; text-to-speech message reader)
- Infrared and USB connectivity
- Support for local and remote SyncML synchronization, iSync, Intellisync, ActiveSync
- Organization tools: Alarm clock, calendar, to-do list, active notes
- Flash Lite 3.0 and Java MIDP 2.0
- Bluetooth version 2.0 with the following profiles: A2DP (stereo music streaming), AVRC (remote control), HFP (hands-free car kits), HSP (communication headsets), BIP (for sending images to another device), DUN (dial-up networking), FTP (file transfer), OPP (object push for business cards, calendar items, and pictures)
Built for Messaging, Inside and Out
Enjoy full access to business and personal email, even when you’re away from your desk. Nokia E71 includes an improved email application that offers impressive new features, and reduces the number of clicks needed to perform common tasks. The Nokia E71 includes an enhanced email setup Wizard that helps configure your email accounts. You can set up most popular Internet email (IMAP/POP protocols) accounts in just a few clicks. Business email (e.g., Mail for Exchange) can also be set up if additional details are entered.
Chat with friends and colleagues on the move with instant messaging applications such as Windows Live Messenger and Yahoo! GO, just like you would on your computer. The first thing you need to do is install Messenger, which is free of charge, and available via download: Select Menu > Download! > Windows Live.
Keep the information and features that are important to you at your fingertips. You can define two separate Home screens for different purposes, such as one Home screen for work and another for free time. Your personal Home screen can contain shortcuts to leisure features such as your personal email, FM radio, MP3 player, and camera. To change from one home screen to another, scroll to the Switch Mode shortcut and press the scroll key.
There are three different areas on the Home screen: an application area that provides shortcuts to your favorite applications, an information area that lets you know about events such as upcoming calendar entries, and a notification area that alerts you to events such as missed calls.
The new narrow design of the Nokia E71 makes one-handed typing possible. Every key on the device is reachable with one hand, and the intelligent user interface allows for key functions to be preformed with one hand. It features intelligent technology for text recognition, which can be enabled by the user. The technology is the QWERTY version of technology found on other Nokia devices. It features auto completion, auto correction, and the ability to learn. Open a new message and type “Thnks.” The missing letter is filled in: “Thanks.”
The Nokia E71 also features long press capabilities. You can type numbers or other characters behind the “Fn” key by simply long pressing the corresponding key. For instance, long pressing the “R” key to type the number “1.”
The Nokia E71 weighs 4.44 ounces and measures 4.49 x 2.24 x 0.39 inches. Its 1500 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 10.5 hours of talk time on GSM networks (4.5 hours on 3G networks), and up to 17 days (400+ hours) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as U.S. 3G networks (850/1900 MHz UMTS/HSDPA).
What’s in the Box
Nokia E71, battery (BP-4L), charger (AC-5U), connectivity cable (CA-101), headset (HS-47), E-series lanyard, E-series pouch, user guide, quick start guide, and other documentation
Nokia now offers its Ovi Maps walk and drive navigation application free across the globe. Drivers receive turn-by-turn voice guidance including lane assistance, traffic information (in 10 countries including the U.S.), and safety camera and speed warnings, while pedestrians will be guided on shortcuts through parks and pedestrian-only zones in over 100 cities across the globe. Unlike other mobile navigation mapping solutions, Ovi Maps works offline–no cellular service is required.
Lonely Planet guide.
At no extra cost, the new Ovi Maps for mobile feature provides:
- Maps for over 180 countries and free map updates
- Drive and Walk navigation available in over 70 countries with real-time voice guidance
- My Position enables you to find your current location easier and faster than ever.
- New one box search for quicker access to finding places and addresses.
- Save your favorite places and routes, then synchronize them with your Ovi account over the air.
- Car navigation with voice and visual instructions, lane assistance and speed limit information. Now with text-to-speech voice guidance.
- Pedestrian navigation with routing through pedestrian zones and shortcuts, pathways through parks, buildings, stairways, and plazas. Now also with text-to-speech voice guidance.
- Get real-time weather information including a 5-day forecast for your current location, or any found via search.
- Lonely Planet and Michelin offer you dynamic access to the best and most relevant editorial travel content for over 1000 destinations. Find thousands of listings for sights, restaurants, hotels, shops, nightlife, and more. Look these places up on the map and get to them with Walk and Drive navigation.
- Discover the events happening nearby your location on the map, or any place found via search.
- Share your location on Facebook so your friends will know where you are, and what you are up to (finish by adding a photo).
No Hidden Costs
The new version of Ovi Maps comes with all the maps and high-end, car grade navigation features you need for free, and is yours to keep for the life of the smartphone. No additional licenses are needed for extra countries or regions, or services like traffic information or city guides. Data charges from network operators may apply.
Voice Guidance and Traffic Information
Turn-by-turn, voice guided navigation comes free for both drivers and pedestrians. For drivers this includes lane assistance, traffic information, safety camera, and speed warnings. For pedestrians, this includes shortcuts through parks and pedestrian-only zones for over 100 cities around the world, including 6,000 3D landmarks in over 200 cities to help you find exactly where you are.
Unique Hybrid Technology
Ovi Maps is built on an advanced technology called hybrid vector maps. Vector maps are high quality but less data intensive, and allow you to continue to navigate even if you lose your network connection. This means that maps downloaded or updated across a network connection are about half the size of bulky bitmaps used by other mobile map providers. The hybrid technology ensures that, unlike other providers, any downloaded map data is stored on the device for future use.
No Network Connection Required When Navigating
Avoid expensive, battery-draining network connections with Nokia’s unique hybrid technology. Maps can be pre-loaded on to your Nokia smartphone so you can set Ovi Maps to offline mode, saving battery power, and the navigation system will still work. This is particularly useful for those worried about data connection costs when travelling abroad, or when you are travelling through areas with little or no network coverage.
Best Global Coverage
You take your mobile with you wherever you go in the world so, as standard, voice guided navigation for both pedestrians and drivers is available for 74 countries in 46 different languages and there are maps for over 180 countries. This gives you the best maps with the largest global coverage for free.
- Music playback file formats: AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, MP3, AMR-NB, WMA
- FM radio 87.5-108 MHz with RDS support
- Video playback file formats: .mp4, AVC/H.264, .wmv, RV, Flash Video, H.263/3GPP
- Video streaming: .mp4, AVC/H.264, .wmv, RV, Flash Video, H.263/3GPP
- Video recording file formats: .mp4 – default (VGA, QVGA) or .3gp (QCIF for MMS)
- 3.5 mm Nokia audio connector
- Micro-USB connector supports charging; USB PictBridge printing
- Bluetooth 2.0 with Enhanced Data Rate (EDR)
- UPnP support
- Support for PC synchronization with Nokia PC Suite 7.1 (preinstalled) and Nokia Ovi Suite
- E-mail supported protocols: IMAP4 (with idle), Nokia Messaging, Microsoft ActiveSync, POP3, SMTP
- Support for Nokia Messaging service, Mail for Exchange, Lotus Notes Traveler
List Price: $ 449.99
- Includes both an Ooma Hub and an Ooma Scout
- Free calling to any number in the US
- All the features you’ve come to depend on, like caller-ID, call-waiting, and voicemail
- Voicemail notifications to your email and mobile phone; the flexibility to hear your voicemail and control preferences online in the Ooma Lounge
- The freedom to talk on your existing corded or cordless phones with no PC or headset required
Ooma is an award-winning product that gives you free home phone service. Quite simply, no more nickel and dime fees and no more monthly phone bills. Acclaimed by The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and Business Week, and featured as one of the year’s hottest products in Parade and In Style magazines, Ooma offers premium home phone service as it was meant to be.
List Price: $ 249.99
Price: $ 159.95